With years of experience, the eye for design elements that work together, from patterns, color palettes, and fabrics to lighting, furniture, and accessories. I spend time getting to know each clients—their lifestyles and their preferences—to provide exceptional one-on-one service.
I offer a full range of design services incorporating the creative as well as technical elements of the interior design process.
- Collaboration with architects and contractors
- Interior detailing and floor plan review
- Space planning
- Specification of colors, materials, finishes and millwork
- Selection of furnishings and fixtures
- Pricing, purchase and installation of furniture and fixtures
- Project management and supervision
- Custom Window Treatments
I also offer an extensive library fabrics, wall coverings and accessories.
At Nesting Design Inc. we will be as involved in your design process as you like. All design services are billed at $50/hour. Fees include time with the clients, research time, design, purchasing and procurement as well as any other project related services you may need. If you choose we will see your project from concept and design through to delivery and enjoy!
Determining Your Design Budget
There are three different ways to determine your design budget.
Based on your wish list I will create a proposed design budget. If this amount comes in more than the budget allowed, I will work with you to value engineer the project and prioritize items into design phases. This format provides a design blueprint allowing you to move to the next step as finances allow.
If no budget is provided, I will determine the level of quality and embellishments you desire and then based on that information create a design concept and budget for your review.
When you work with Nesting Design, you can expect me to listen carefully, communicate clearly, and execute with detail, discipline and precision. A step-by-step project management process includes the following:
- Initial interview. We’ll meet with you, ideally in your home or business, to listen and assess your wishes, needs, budget and goals.
- Design Proposal. Based on what we’ve learned, we’ll submit a proposal outlining the project scope, schedule and cost. Your signed letter of agreement lets us get started.
- Design Development. I will work with you to explore ideas in more detail, sketch out solutions, and choose colors, materials and finishes.
- Design Documents. I will work with you to select and specify furniture, fixtures and equipment, and prepare the documents and drawings needed to procure what’s been selected.
- Construction Documents. We’ll prepare the specifications and technical documents needed by the various contractors to properly install everything.
- Project Administration. We’ll oversee the entire project from start to finish, making sure that all the work is coordinated to meet the budget and timetable, and that no detail is overlooked.
A general guideline regarding the acceptable amount to invest in your home is 20% to 30% of the home’s value. For example, if your house is appraised at $400,000, it is reasonable to invest another $80,000 to $120,000.
I realize that a design project can seem intimidating, so I am committed to helping you make the right decisions every step of the way. I strive to remove the drama, allowing your project to flow smoothly so you can enjoy the process. I will be involved as much or as little as you need.